Saturday, May 19, 2012

Is Fighting bad?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7170/6657577359_19840b2d83_b.jpg 

When I was first dating I made the mistake of assuming that just because we were both Christians that we would automatically be free from fights or arguments. We had never had a fight during the first few months of our relationship and people kept commenting that "just wait!!! You'll start fighting soon, or at least until after you get married"  

I thought that this was awful!! I was so "sure" we would NEVER fight or argue. In fact I was so determined to prevent a fight from ever happening that I always gave in and never let my boyfriend know when I was hurt or upset by something he did. 

That was probably the stupidest thing I ever did. 

You see, while I may have avoided fights and arguments, I was letting bitterness breed deep down inside. And bitterness is far worse then a fight. 

Thankfully a good friend of mine answered my long and teary email about my feelings and told me that........ fighting happens and its okay, as long as you forgive each other in the end. 

Let's face it, you are taking two completely different people and having them try to get along. They both have different likes and interests. They both have different opinions. Disagreements will come. 
 
 It's how you handle them that matters!  But that's a future post!! 

~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment